Monday, March 7, 2011

The White City

Hey friends,

Forgive me for taking so long to write again.  I've been in Belgrade, Serbia for the past week visiting with the other Balkan missionaries from Dwelling Place, and haven't had the opportunity to write until now.

Serbia was amazing.  I love Belgrade.  For whatever reason, I feel so strongly to just praise God whenever I am there.  I think there is so much power in it for that city.

Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,

         And a two-edged sword in their hand,
    To execute vengeance on the nations
         And punishment on the peoples,
    To bind their kings with chains
         And their nobles with fetters of iron,
    To execute on them the judgment written;
         This is an honor for all His godly ones.
         Praise the LORD! - Psalm 149:6-9

Praise is warfare.

We attended the weekly prayer group meeting Thursday night.  I felt the presence of God so strongly when I first entered the apartment of this particular elder's family.  I became aware of the honor and privilege it was to know, be in the home of, and intercede alongside the real movers and shakers of Belgrade.  Only God could orchestrate such a course. He gives such abundant honor to earthen vessels.


We had the opportunity to pray for the pastor's wife among others.  The church there is definitely under attack, but the Lord gave me a word that the gates of Hades will not prevail against it (Matt. 16:18).  The body of Christ in Belgrade will overcome.  She said it really carried weight.  4,930 miles across the ocean to speak one word that causes life to be birthed in the body of Christ makes all the warfare worth it.  Bethany also received two words in visions that confirmed the very thing two others had prayed in Serbian.  There is one Spirit and He's awesome.

Leaving your city and diving into the body in another city always gives me fresh perspective when I return.  It's 1:55am here, so more on that later.  Ida ciao.

Much love,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment